Job Opportunities at AVAC
If you would like to be considered for a position, please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate your name and desired position in the subject line.
Due to the number of applications we receive, only those applicants who have experience and qualifications most closely matching the job profile will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Current openings are listed in the space below. All positions listed are based in New York, NY unless otherwise indicated.
Department: Finance and Administration
Reports to: Director of Finance and Administration
Job summary: Supports accounting operations finance by processing accounts payable, filing and executing other related tasks as needed.
Essential job functions:
- Responsible for accounts payable:
- Generates Payment Request Forms
- Collates supporting documentation and ensures appropriate approvals are obtained
- Enters approved Payment Requests into SAGE Fund 100/MIP accounting system
- Compiles monthly credit card reports and distributes to staff for expense coding
- Maintains filing system in audit ready form
- Complies with all company policies and procedures ensuring honest and ethical conduct at all times
- Other related tasks as needed
- Bachelors Degree with a major in Accounting of Finance or equivalent work experience handling AP, AR and or billing
- Knowledge of Sage Fund 100/MIP accounting software preferred
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Must be proficient in Microsoft office suite
- Good problem solving and communications skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Detail oriented with high level of ethics
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls or faxes please.
AVAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AVAC provides equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by state or federal law.