Where: Washington, DC
When: July 22, 2012
Highlights and Continuing Resources from AIDS 2012
The 19th International AIDS Conference was held in Washington, DC from July 22-27. Below are a number of resources: ongoing conference hubs, news roundups and webcasts.
AIDS 2012 conversations continue at conference hubs—"mini conferences" held in conjunction with the international conference by local organization active in the AIDS response.
More information on the AIDS 2012 website.
AIDS 2012 NEWS ROUNDUP
NAM was the official provider of scientific news. For their coverage visit www.aidsmap.com/aids2012.
POZ was the official media partner of AIDS 2012. Their coverage is available at www.poz.com/conference/aids2012.shtml.
Sunday, July 22
- HIV/AIDS and the News Agenda – Implications for Ending the Epidemic (PowerPoint available)
- Opening Session (Plenary)
Monday, July 23
- Ending the Epidemic: Turning the Tide Together (Plenary featuring US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton)
- Improving Effectiveness and Efficiency in the HIV Response (panel featuring Bill Gates, Co-Chair Gates Foundation; Eric Goosby, US Global AIDS Coordinator; Jim Yong Kim, President World Bank; M. Ramatlapeng, Director of Lesotho National Development Corporation)
Tuesday, July 24
- Challenges and Solutions (Plenary including webcasts, PowerPoints and rapporteur reports)
- The Role of Vaccines in Ending the Epidemic — Presentations available: Nina Russell, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Glenda Gray, Perinatal HIV Research Unit
Wednesday, July 25
- Turning the Tide on Transmission (Plenary including webcasts, PowerPoints and rapporteur reports)
Thursday, July 26
- Dynamics of the Epidemic in Context (Plenary including webcasts, PowerPoints and rapporteur reports)
Friday, July 27
- HIV in the Larger Global Health Context (Plenary including late breaker on cost effectiveness of treatment as prevention based on HPTN 052)
- Closing Session (featuring US Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi and former US President Bill Clinton)
For a full list of AIDS 2012 events see the Programme-at-a-Glance.