AVAC seeks talented individuals to join our team of passionate advocates who aim to accelerate ethical research and global delivery of new HIV prevention options as part of a comprehensive response to the pandemic. All positions are based in New York, NY, unless otherwise indicated. No phone calls, please.
AVAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AVAC provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status and other such factors in accordance with state and federal laws.
Administrative Assistant to Programs
AVAC is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support a range of activities across various program areas. The Assistant interacts with staff across the organization and is responsible for providing the support necessary to ensure the ongoing efficient and productive operations of the organization at large.
Essential Job Functions
- Schedules and organizes meetings, conference calls and webinars in coordination with partners, donors and other participants/stakeholders.
- Prepares and distributes meeting materials in addition to meeting note-taking and report writing, as needed.
- Develops and maintains shared document sites.
- Maintains/updates electronic contact information.
- Proofreads, edits and formats correspondence, reports and other documents.
- Assists with preparing reimbursement and check requests.
- Supports PowerPoint slide development.
- Supports special projects, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, and at least three years of administrative or related experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint required; experience with webinar management, Slack, MailChimp, a CRM system and web CMS preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong ability to multi-task, prioritize requests and meet deadlines.
- Excellent understanding of English grammar rules and usage.
- Interpersonal skills, able to interact effectively with individuals within and outside the organization.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and within team environment.
- Ability to multi-task and to work under pressure.
- Very detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line. No phone calls.